
Happy christmas! I feel that this year is host to the least christmassy christmas ever. The mild weather completely contradicts the cosiness of staying inside watching tv and over-eating. I really don't understand people who go abroad to hot places at christmas, eating turkeys on barbeques on the Australian coast, etc. My festivity diminishes with temperatures above 5 degrees. Anyway, it has been a nice christmas regardless. I had a ridiculous amount of books from all of my family members. I have been working at Waterstones up to christmas eve, so my obsession with books has reached a crescendo.





This new edition of Black Beauty by Penguin Threads is gorgeous. It is illustrated with an embroidery by illustrator Jillian Tamaki, who also illustrated the new publications of The Secret Garden and Emma. The inside cover shows an image of the reverse side of the embroidery.

Heaps of books.
I've found an old sim card with images of the rugs I designed for Hill & Co, through a Bill Hill/ John Lewis brief. I got to keep one of each design for myself, and they have been dispersed to family members. I have kept one of them for myself, although they are huge rugs, so a tight fit.



This is a photo of my work being prepared for the New Designers exhibition in the summer.

Beading project on the go:
No comments:
Post a Comment