25/08/2011

White tigers and new fabrics

I don't have anything very interesting to post today, but I'm trying to get into the habit of blogging regularly, so here are a couple of pics of some new fabric I bought yesterday, and some machine embroidery of some white tigers I did last night.

Here are the fabrics I've bought, and a floral design I appliquéd yesterday. I'm a bit obsessed with the green colour of the silk fabric at the moment. Yum.

Photobucket

I spent a lot of money on sequins from Josy Rosy, an online sequin shop. I want to start experimenting with sequins more. In uni, our tutor gave us a series of amazing workshops on all of the different techniques that we can use with sequins and beads, but I only really developed the beadwork in my project. Looking at these colours now, I am reminded of my friend Kate Gwilliam's degree work. She has a really beautiful way of working.

Photobucket

Last night, I had a started to play around with drawing white tigers on my sewing machine.

Photobucket

I'm going to explore appliquéing the body parts in sections, rather than drawing a whole tiger. I always love the unexpected twists that come with cutting up body shapes in the fabric, and playing with proportions.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...